How to Add Domain to Blogger :-
If you want to give a new identity to your blog, then you have to know how to add a custom domain in Blogger.
You must be thinking that if we have created a blog for free, then what is the need of domain in it. So first you know what the domain name is? Blogger, which is a product of Google, gives you a platform to make a free blog site for you.
This does not mean that you run your blog in it only. A free blog comes with a sub-domain name.
Let me tell you what a sub domain is. When you buy a domain name, you can create many more domains by using it. If your main domain is the father, then all the subdomains are his child.
As our domain is aatalks.com, its subdomain will be something like this; ask.aatalks.com, store.aatalks.com, etc.
How to use domain name in Blogger :-
There are many advantages to using a custom domain name in Blogger. If you want to know, bloggers are giving us a domain for free, then what is the need to add a domain. So let us know about its consequences.
1. Professional Look:
A sub-domain is very large, and you cannot remember it quickly. So it will give you a professional look and will also be able to remember the others. You can also create your own professional email address, like email@example.com.
2. Alexa Ranking:
If your domain is aatalks.blogspot.com and someone from India opens it then it will open in aatalks.blogspot.in. Similarly .blogspot.us in America and .blogspot.pk in Pakistan. There is a problem in this that you will not be able to increase your blog’s Alexa Rank quickly.
3. Search Ranking:
If someone searches something in Google and your blog’s name comes in .blogspot.com, then most people do not visit the same link. So from this, the ranking of your blog is also reduced by search results.
4. Adsense Approval:
It does not matter whether your custom domain or your blog is in blogspot domain. You can get the approval of Adsense. Blogger is Google’s product, so there is no problem in it. But if you add a domain, then it increases the chances of getting your account approved in Adsense.
How to add a custom domain in Blogger :-
It is very easy to add a custom domain name to Blogger. If you have a free blog and you want to add your domain name to it, then follow it.
For this, you must have a domain. If you do not know how to purchase a domain, then read this. I mostly buy my domains from Godaddy. So see how I add any domain I purchased with blogger.
Part 1: Add Custom Domain
1) Open blogger.com in your computer’s browser and login with your Gmail account.
2) Here, on the blog on which you want to add your custom domain, go to Settings.
3) Here you have to go to the Publishing section and click in the Custom domain option.
4) Now you have to enter your purchased domain here. Your domain must be in the format www.yourdomain.com. After adding, click on the “Save” button.
5) Now you will get an error message, “We have not been able to verify your authority to this domain.” On your domain registrar’s website, locate your Domain Name System (DNS) settings and enter the following two CNAMEs: (Name: www, Destination: ghs.google.com) and (Name: p347obi343af, Destination: gv-gijycixq3d4waw.dv.googlehosted .com). See https://support.google.com/blogger/answer/1233387 for detailed instructions. This means that your domain’s DNS (Domain Name System) has not been set to blogger. Here you will find records of 2 CNAMEs, which you have to add to your domain.
The entire process of setting up DNS is described in the video above. If you still do not understand, then follow Part 2.
Part 2: Verify the DNS
Your work with Blogger has just finished. Now you have to go to Godaddy and add CNAME.
1) Go to Godaddy.com and login to your account.
2) After login, click on your profile and select “My Products”.
3) In the next page, click on Manage All next to Domains.
4) Here you will get the list of your domain. The domain you want to add will get 3-dots next to it, select it and click DNS.
5) In the DNS Management page, you will see the link of ADD below, click it.
6) Now you have to select CNAME in Type and add Part 1 given CNAME. Similarly, you have to add both CNAMEs.
Part 3: Enable Redirection :-
1) Now come back to the blogger, save it.
2) You will see the option of the Redirect domain below. Enable it.
You can try to enter your domain address. It will open properly without www and without www. I could also tell you the manual process, but it is easiest to add a custom domain name to the blogger. If you need any help or information related to this, you can ask me.
Also read :-
I hope you have liked my article How to domain in Blogger. It has always been my endeavor to provide complete information to the readers about how to add custom domain in blogger, so that they do not have to search in other sites or internet in the context of that article.
This will also save their time and they will also get all the information in one place. If you have any doubts about this article or you want that there should be some improvement in it, then for this you can write low comments.
If you liked this post in Blogger, use of Domain Name Fields or got to learn something, then please share this post on social networks such as Facebook, Twitter and other social media sites.